You may not have heard of the beautiful and talented actress Rebecca Knox just yet but it’s time you get to know her. She currently has a role on Netflix’s ‘Orange is The New Black’ where she plays Litchfield’s newest inmate Tina Swope. Aside from acting, Rebecca has always been a businesswoman creating her own record label as well as her own Mezcal company, DoÃ±a Sarita. Knox is an East Hampton native where she also helps run her family’s very famous White Sands Beach Hotel in The Hamptons. She’s basically a 25 year old bad ass and would be awesome to speak with.
Prior to getting cast on OITNB, Knox appeared in Return to Montauk alongside Stellan SkarsgÃ¥rd (Mamma Mia!, Thor, and The Avengers). She appeared in a few short films, including Something About Wonder and Thinking Inside the Box, as well as one in the works, Strangers at Night, and has also made one-episode appearances in shows like Bull and A Crime to Remember.
Thankfully Rebecca was willing to share some information with us that many of you may not have known before. Here we go!
- I am half Colombian, Half German
- I have seen 87 operas in my lifetime
- I secretly want to be in a badass all-girl band
- I wanted to be a ballet dancer growing up.
- I want to act in a 1920’s period piece
- I want to be a Marvel villain
- I love to cook!
- I have a younger brother, Jonny, who is a wildly talented music producer. He is also my best friend.
- I started and ran a record label when I was 18 called Jet Boy Records.
- I am fluent in Spanish, and can speak a little German, French, and Portuguese.