It seems as though merchandising for the Harry Potter franchise will never end. And why should it? It’s about one of the most successful and talked about franchises other than Star Wars. Despite the fact that Harry Potter may never return to the big screen, the books and movies will live on forever. Just recently a seller on Etsy decided to create a line of Harry Potter-inspired bubble bath fragrances that include Butterbeer, Pumpkin Juice, Elixir of Life, Amortentia and Polyjuice Potion. The seller describes the potions as such:
- Butterbeer: A sweet blended fragrance of rum, vanilla, nutmeg, and butter.
- Pumpkin Juice: A sweet and spicy blended fragrance of pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger, and whipped cream.
- Elixir of Life: A soothing white tea blended with light florals.
- Amortentia: A beautiful fresh rose scent with crisp Lemon notes, Muguet and Geranium Leaves; followed by back notes of Blue Spruce and Musk; all enhanced by hints of cooling Mint.
- Polyjuice Potion: A beautiful, earthy blend of cucumber, oakmoss, and a light base of green tea.
The products sell for $10 for each individual potion and $48 for the set. So in other words someone basically took soap, added some fragrances to it, and called it Harry Potter potion soap? Yup, seems about right and I’m willing to bet that these things sell like hotcakes.
I think I’m going to take my garbage can and market it as a “potion bucket.” Yup, that ideal will work.