One of the biggest anthological hits of the decade is, without a doubt, Black Mirror, the British series that has taken a look at the dark side of technology and the dark future that it could bring.
After the lauded Christmas special that features Jon Hamm, the series was picked up for an extended third season by Netflix. Rather than the typical three episode seasons that the series featured through its first two outings, the third season will feature six episodes. This will definitely be exciting for audiences, and we also won’t have long to wait for the return.
As announced during Netflix’s summer press tour, all six episodes of the season will drop on October 21. In addition, the streaming service also revealed the casts, directors, and titles for the upcoming episodes. Check them out below:
- “San Junipero,” starring Gugu Mbatha-Raw and Mackenzie Davis & directed by Owen Harris
- “Shut Up and Dance,” starring Jerome Flynn and Alex Lawther & directed by James Watkins
- “Nosedive,” starring Bryce Dallas Howard, Alice Eve, and James Norton & directed by Joe Wright
- “Men Against Fire,” starring Michael Kelly, Malachi Kirby, and Madeline Brewer & directed by Jakob Verbruggen
- “Hated in the Nation,” starring Kelly MacDonald & directed by James Hawes
- “Playtest,” starring Wyatt Russell and Hannah John-Kamen & directed by Dan Trachtenberg
All of these sound exciting, but I know I’m particularly excited about the episode directed by 10 Cloverfield Lane‘s Dan Trachtenberg. Luckily, we won’t have long to wait.
Are you excited about Black Mirror‘s October 21 return? Which episode are you most looking forward to seeing? Let us know your thoughts in the comments down below!
[Photo Credit: Netflix]