Star Wars Celebration 2017 is underway so over the next few days there’s a good chance a ton of coverage will be going in that direction. We’ll be gathering as many spoilers, tidbits, secrets, you name it that we can. Today marked one of the first and most interesting panels of the celebration.
There were many big appearances from actors and creators from the franchise’s past and present, including Star Wars creator, George Lucas. Even though Lucasfilm has been passed from George’s hands into Disney’s Lucas still is a treasure-trove of trivia including interesting insights into the franchise’s beginnings.
According to CB
The breakdown of the artwork pretty much goes like this:
- Luke Skywalker was, at one point, more a of a stereotypical “man’s man” hero archetype – complete with sexy, scantily-clad damsel wrapped around his leg.
- Darth Vader was a lot more insect-like, with a helmet that reminds one of a fly.
- R2-D2 had more a of a “Steampunk,” busy aesthetic.
- Chewbacca had more of an Ewok look than the tall, lanky Wookie we know and love.
- Leia still had buns for hair.
I don’t know about you but I think that Chewbacca looks a lot like the drawing John Lithgow makes of Harry from Harry and the Hendersons.
Tell us what's wrong with this post? How could we improve it? :)
Let us improve this post!