“Do you wash your pants in Windex? Because I can see myself in them.” That pick up line from Austin Powers was ranked by BuzzFeed as one of the worst in movie history. You have to admit it; it is kinda film. Lucky for you, I’m not going to be ranking the worst pick up lines in movie history today. Today I’m going to count down some of the best pick up lines to ever grace a movie theater screen. Let’s start with this pickup line from a critically acclaimed film directed by none other than Ridley Scott.
10. Brad Pitt, Thelma & Louise – “I may be the outlaw, but you’re the one stealing my heart.”
Okay, this line from Thelma & Louise is kinda cheesy, so it almost didn’t make the list. But what woman can deny Brad Pitts charm and good looks when he says it?
9. Will Smith, Hitch – “I couldn’t help but notice that you look a lot like my next girlfriend.”
Another borderline cheesy pickup line, but the way Eva Mendes face lit up when Will Smith uttered those words is priceless.
8. Will Smith, Hitch – “Now on the one hand, it’s very difficult for a man to even speak to someone who looks like you. But on the other hand, should that be your problem?”
Yes, Hitch made the list twice. In the romantic comedy, Will Smith plays a professional dating consultant who makes a living teaching men how to sweep women off of their feet, so the movie is full of one-liners. This is one of the better ones.
7. Clark Gable, Gone with the Wind – “You need kissing badly. That’s what’s wrong with you. You should be kissed, and often. And by someone who knows how.”
Classic line from a classic historical romance film.
6. Tom Cruise, Jerry Maguire – “We live in a cynical world. A cynical world. And we work in a business of tough competitors. I love you. You… complete me.”
This pick up line made the list because of how authentic and true to life it is. Tom Cruise delivered it with the passion and believability that only he could.
5. Warren Beatty, Bugsy – “I gotta warn ya, every man I’ve ever gone out with has been ruined.” “Well, that’s what they get for messing with my girl.”
What a comeback. How could she possibly deny Bugsy’s charm after that? This movie follows the life of legendary mobster Bugsy Siegel as he falls in love with Hollywood starlet Virginia Hill.
4. Ingrid Bergman, Casablanca – “Was that cannon fire, or is my heart pounding?”
This movie consistently ranks near the top of every greatest movie in history list I’ve ever seen. Partly because of classic lines like the one above.
3. Jack Nicholson, As Good as It Gets – “You make me want to be a better man.”
This line from 1997’s James L. Brooks Romantic Comedy starring Jack Nicholson and Helen Hunt is simple, but… Almost as good as it gets (no pun intended.) It doesn’t get more authentic than acknowledging that someone makes you a better person.
2. Gerard Butler, P.S. I Love You – “I know what I want, because I have it in my hands right now. You.”
Butler said this line with such intensity and passion that you can nearly feel his words break from the screen and reverberate through your body. Great pick up line, great movie.
1. Billy Crystal, When Harry Met Sally – “I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.”
This movie will undoubtedly go down as one of the best romantic comedies ever. And that pick up line as one of the most authentic in movie history. Indeed, it’s so heartfelt that it doesn’t even come off as a pick up line.
These classic pick up lines grabbed attention, got a smile, or even sent chills down spines when uttered. But I wouldn’t advise you guys to start cooking up your very own pick up lines to try to get women’s attention. Pick up lines work great in movies… But from what I’ve heard they don’t work well in real life. Guys don’t try this at home.
Tell us what's wrong with this post? How could we improve it? :)
Let us improve this post!