For every ‘answer’ we are given on Lost, there are usually four more questions raised. While this tends to frustrate some fans, I feel as though the writers and producers addressed more than the usual amount of lingering questions in Season 5.
Below is just a sampling of the significant revelations that I enjoyed from this season. By all means, please add your own below!
1. Smokey emanates and/or is unleashed from below New Otherton. Ben literally pulls a plug beneath his house in what resembles a campground bathroom drain, and voilÃ .
2. The statue! It is more than just a foot, and something lies in its shadow…
3. Charles Widmore and Eloise Hawking were original Hostiles stationed on the island in 1954. Daniel Faraday is their son.
4. Charles Widmore funded and staged the fake flight 815 wreckage, using corpses pilfered from a Thai graveyard.
5. Dr. Mavin Candle is more than a Dharma Orientation film narrator; he is actually Dr. Pierre Chang, a scientist who played an integral role in the construction of both the Orchid and Swan. Miles is his son.
6. Danielle Rousseau was telling the truth about her arrival and initial experiences on the island.
7. The Others’ runway was built for the eventual arrival of Ajira flight 316.
8. Sayid shoots, but does not kill, young Ben Linus.
What have been your favorite revelations from Season 5 of Lost?
[Jo has watched every episode of Lost at least three times. For in-depth analysis and theories about each episode, please visit her Lost blog.]