The first thing that comes to mind when you hear the name Marry-Kate Olsen is “former actor,” but do you know she is so much more than that? The Olsen sisters worked hard and built themselves an empire. Marry-Kate has starred alongside her sister Ashley in many movies and programs, the most famous of which is the “The Olsen Twins” series. Her other television hits include “It Takes Two,” “Passport To Paris,” “Holiday In The Sun,” “Beastly,” and many more. But we are going to get exclusive about Marry-Kate Olsen’s life outside the TV screens. Read on to find out all there is to know about this star.
1. Marry-Kate Olsen’s Early Life
Marry-Kate Olsen was born on 1986, June 13. Her Father was called David Olsen, and her mother was named Jarrett. Marry-Kate grew up in Sherman Oaks, California. Marry-kate has two more sisters other than her twin sister Ashley, named Tayor and Elizabeth Olsen. Her parents filed for divorce in 1996. Later on, his father remarried and moved on. He then had two sons, Taylor and Jake Olsen. Taylor and Jake are Marry-Kate Olsen’s half-brothers.
Marry-Kate Olsen went to the Campbell Hall School for early education. After graduating in 2004, She joined the Gallatin School of Individualized Study for higher education, but she later dropped out.
2-Marry-Kate Olsen’s Career
Marry-Kate Olsen‘s career started when she was just a 9-month-old baby. She starred in the sitcom Full House along with her twin sister Ashley. From there, she went on to star in many hit films like Double Trouble, It Takes Two, To Grandmother’s House We Go, and many more. Marry-Kate Olsen also starred in films without her sister. Her first TV work without her sister was in Factory Girl. Later on, she also worked in the television series called Weeds.
Soon, she became a household name, with her picture plastered on everything. From shirts to notebooks to household items, the Olsen twins were everywhere. However, in 2012, the twin sisters started indicating their exit from Holywood. And in 2015, the twins pulled the plug on their acting career after more than a decade of shining on the screen.
Marry-Kate then entered the realm of fashion. She always believed that the fashion industry was her calling, and in 2006, she finally took the first leap which would serve as the serving foundation of her career in fashion. She launched her line of luxury clothing called The Row, which later branched out to other luxury clothing stores, which the twins decided to name after their siblings Elizebeth and James. Marry-Kate Olsen and Ashley also launched a more affordable line of clothing called Olsenboye and StyleMint.All their collections were a huge hit.
Their efforts paid off, and both the sisters won an award at the Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA). Later on, They collected five more awards at the CFDA. In 2015, they won the Women’s Designer Of The Year award for their work in the luxury clothing line at The Row.
Marry-Kate Olsen is not just a successful TV star. She is a well-established entrepreneur and a fashion designer as well.
3. Marry-Kate Olsen’s Love Life
Marry-Kate Olsen started going out with Olivier Sarkozy in 2012. Oliver was a banker and the half-brother of Nicholas Sarkozy, the famous French President. Just after two years of dating, In 2014, Oliver proposed, and Marry-kate said Yes!
The couple got married later, in November 2014. Things were going wonderful between them, but with time, their differences became too much to manage for them. Olivier also had two children from a previous marriage, but it did not matter for Marry-Kate. She was looking for love. But in 2020, after six years of marriage, Marry-Kate Olsen filed for a divorce. Marry-Kate had no children from the marriage.
Although the twin sisters are very much private about all the aspects of their lives, especially their love life, it is speculated that Marry-Kate Olsen started dating John Cooper, the CEO of Brightwire.
4. Marry-Kate Olsen’s Net Worth
Marry-Kate Olsen’s Net Worth is estimated to be a whopping 250 million dollars. Yes, you read that right, and when combined with her twin sister, the duo has an estimated net worth of 500 million dollars. Of course, Mary-Kate’s divorce did not hurt her in financial terms because she had signed a prenup!
5. Some Other Marry-Kate Olsen Facts
- When Marry-Kate Olsen’s and Ashley’s film New York Minute was released, Marry-Kate was being treated at a rehab for anorexia. Anorexia is an eating disorder.
- At that time, Marry-Kate was dating Stavros Niarchos III. Stavros was a Greek Shipping Heir.
- In 2005, Marry-Kate Olsen and her sister Ashley bought shares of Dualstar.
- At the time they claimed authority at Dualstar, Marry-Kate Olsen broke up with Stavros. It is claimed that it was the breakup after which Marry-Kate decided to quit the Gallatin School of Individualized Study and focus on Dualstar instead.
- Marry-Kate Olsen loves to spoil her siblings with gifts and love, But her favorite is Elizebeth Olsen.
- Elizebeth Olsen is an established actress herself, and she revealed that her elder sisters do not enjoy being in the spotlight.
- Marry-Kate Olsen is a Gemini, but she is also a shy person.
- Marry-Kate Olsen’s favorite color is Red.
- Her favorite food is, believe it or not, Brocolli. She also loves Pizza.
- “Bad Sex” is Marry-Kate Olsen’s favorite Television show.
So this is all there is to know about Mary-Kate Olsen and her successful life. Let us know what you think about it!
Tell us what's wrong with this post? How could we improve it? :)
Let us improve this post!